BNP Paribas Seoul Branch Whistleblowing Guideline
(If you are a customer of BNP Paribas Seoul Branch and wish to report any dissatisfaction or complaint, please approach your usual business contact or the person in charge of customer complaints.)
- BNP Paribas Group is committed to strict compliance with laws and regulations and to enforce the rules set out in the Group’s Code of Conduct.
- The whistleblowing system, accessible from this page, allows you to report information about a crime or an offence, a threat or harm to the public interest, a violation or an attempt to conceal a violation of applicable and binding law (laws, regulations, etc.) or a breach of the Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Whistleblowing reports are handled by independent experts in a confidential manner and in accordance with the regulations in force.
- Whistleblowers are granted protection against the risk of retaliation provided by local applicable law.
- Any abuse of the whistleblowing system may expose the reporting person to disciplinary sanctions or prosecution.
Frequently Asked Questions (Find below the most frequently asked questions)
Q1. When to report?
When you have reason to believe that a violation of the law or the BNP Paribas Code of Conduct has been committed or in the event of a threat or harm to the public interest.
Q2. How to report?
The Whistleblowing framework is under the responsibility of the Compliance function. External Third Parties can send a report to:
The following local Compliance WB Channels set up within Korea Branch:
- Dedicated Whistleblowing Email: Whistlefirstname.lastname@example.org
- Dedicated Whistleblowing Hotline: (82) 2-317-1900
- Dedicated Whistleblowing Address: 25F, State Tower Namsan, 100, Toegye-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, 04631, Korea (Attn: Head of Compliance)
The Group Compliance WB Channel: https://group.bnpparibas/en/direct-access/whistleblowing
Q3. Can I remain anonymous?
Yes, your report may be anonymous. However, we recommend you to provide contact information to allow the Referent to contact you.
Q4. Will I receive any feedback on my report?
An acknowledgement of receipt of the report will be sent to you after receipt. You will then be informed of the progress in the processing of your report and of the outcome of the investigation.
Q5. Will confidentiality be ensured?
Yes, the Referents are trained in handling whistleblowing reports confidentially and they take appropriate steps to do so.