BNP Paribas Seoul Branch places Corporate and Institutional clients at the heart of its business model. Established in 1976, it is one of the leading foreign banks in South Korea.
BNP Paribas Seoul Branch varied services propose qualitative products for a company’s daily business transactions, such as Cash Management, E-banking and Local & International Payments. In line with the liberalisation of the local financial market over the last few years, it has widened its offer in both fields, Corporate Banking and Capital Markets.
In Corporate Banking field, the range of products and services includes:
- Corporate Lending, Syndication, and Structured Lending
- Oil & Gas Financing: the Bank is the leading foreign bank in the oil and gas import business in South Korea
- Green Energy: the Bank is a pioneer in financing such kind of initiatives and projects
- Trade Finance: the Bank strongly supports the import and export businesses. It provides clients with the full range of Trade Document processing procedures, Guarantees and Standby Letters of Credit. Regarding Lending, the Bank is among the leaders in financing South Korean exports under the sponsorship of the local guarantors KEIC and Kexim.
The Fixed Income and Treasury business includes:
- Multi-currency Foreign Exchange, Credit, Rates and Derivatives trading and sales
- BNP Paribas’ Korean won Currency Trading Center
In the Korean market, BNP Paribas is:
- One of the 20 Primary Dealers of Government Bonds
- One of the five foreign banks authorized to act as counterparty to Bank of Korea for open market operations and participation in RP auctions
- Co-lead manager for the inaugural inflation-linked Government Bonds and 30yr Government Bonds issued by the Ministry of Strategy Finance
- Member of Korea Forex Club, Primary Dealer Association and Seoul FX Market Committee